DYPSOE has always believed in delivering quality services to its students and its parents. We have our own website. The site allows easy access to all that our institution stands for: the philosophy, vision, administrative procedures, services provided, almanac etc. The attractive and extremely user friendly links enable both parents and students to keep up with the most recent happenings of the school. Important general announcements can be reviewed at a quick glance. Our interactive portal will enable all students and parents to access the daily homework, class work, test schedules, class timetables, results, mark sheets, sample question papers, library books and several other facilities online. This facility which is updated on a daily basis will also permit you to update your communication details e.g. changing telephone/ mobile phone numbers, residential/ mailing addresses etc.
Events / Cultural Programmes
The school may organize various events / programmes in the interest of its students and parents. However, as the school does not charge separately for any such events, programmes or activities, the organizing of such events / programmes / activities shall be at the sole discretion of the school management. Also, the manner in which such events are to be organized shall be decided by the school Principal only. Parents shall not demand or pressurize the school to organize any event. The school also reserves its rights to change / amend / postpone / prepone or cancel any such event in the last moment without any notice. The school shall not be responsible for the distribution and quality of costumes required for events. Parents are requested to take issues regarding the same to the vendors authorized by the school only.
General Rules in School
- Parents are expected to support and reinforce the school rules and policies. The school expects parents to attend parent-teacher meetings, school functions and thus show their interest in their student's school activities.
- The school reserves the right to make changes in the School Rules, which will be communicated to students and parents and shall be binding to all.
- All School Rules apply to all students from the time they leave home for school until they have returned home at the end of the school day, or while taking part in any activity organized by, or related to the school.
- Although the school is not responsible for the behaviour of its students outside its premises, due notice will be taken of reports of misbehavior and disciplinary action will be taken against them if the report is substantiated on proper enquiry.
- Irregular attendance at school, habitual laziness, disobedience, dishonesty or conduct injurious to the moral tone of the school within or without are sufficient reasons for the dismissal of a student. In such cases the decision of the Principal shall be final.
- Any damage done in the class or in the school premises has to be made good. Pupils must take care of the equipment that has been lent for their use.
- The school authorities will not be responsible for the loss, damage or robbery of pupil's belongings. It is not advisable for the pupils to bring money or valuable articles unnecessarily to school.
- Students must not bring mobile phones and walkmans or any similar gadgets to school. The school will confiscate such gadgets.
- No books (other than text or school library books), Newspapers or periodicals may be brought to the school without the Principal's permission.
- No pupil is exempted from Games and Physical Training without a Medical Certificate. The period of exemption should be specified.
- Pupils of this school are strictly forbidden to buy anything from the street hawkers. Students are expected to bring home made vegetarian food in their tiffins and are allowed to make use of canteen facility whenever required. Non vegetarian food is strictly not allowed in the school premises.
- Spoken English is encouraged in the school and within the school premises. All students are expected to speak strictly in English only once they wear the school uniform.
- No gift or any demonstration to the teacher or any other staff is allowed. (Even on birthdays, Children's day, Teacher’s day, Diwali, etc.)
Extra Curricular Activities
The school arranges for extracurricular activities for its children at cost. However, the school shall be in no way responsible for the dealing between the coaches / instructors / trainers and shall not guarantee any kind of refund of fees, results etc as may be highlighted by the course conductors. No Parent shall be allowed to enter the school premises when the course / classes are on. Parents will not be allowed to sit and wait for the students in the school premises. No transport facility shall be provided by the school for any extracurricular activity facilitated by the school.
- Regularity and implicit obedience in the school.
- Politeness and courtesy of speech and conduct as well as cleanliness of dress and person are inculcated.
- Pupils are made to realize that they are responsible to the school authorities not only for their conduct in the school but also for the general behaviour outside.
- Parents are given to understand that they cannot dictate to the Management and that the Management has a right to say on what conditions it will admit or retain pupils in the school or cancel the admission.
- Any pupil who is persistently insubordinate or is repeatedly or willfully mischievous or is guilty of malpractice in connection with examinations or has committed an act of serious indiscipline and/or misbehavior, or who in the opinion of the Head of the school has an unwholesome influence on fellow pupils or whose guardians show little interest in the progress of their wards may be removed from the rolls. The removal may be temporary or permanent, according to the gravity of the offence.
- Cleanliness/hygiene must be maintained. It is important to us at school that the child is safe from possible illnesses and diseases.
- Pupils are expected to be punctual. Latecomers are liable to be sent home at the Parent's own risk.
- No pupil who has been absent from school or late will be admitted to the class without the Principal’s/Supervisor's signature.
- At the first bell the pupils will enter their respective classes. At the second bell, they will stand up in silence for the school assembly prayer.
- Pupils are expected to come to school provided with all that is necessary for their day's work. Borrowing or lending of pencils, rubbers, rulers, instrument box, etc. is discouraged.
- Personal cleanliness and hygiene are greatly recommended to all. The students should be particularly careful not to throw any papers, seeds, etc. anywhere in the school premises. They should use the baskets and bins especially provided for this purpose.
- During the absence of the teacher, each Class Monitor is responsible for the order and discipline of the class.
- Pupils from one class may not visit their friends in any other class during their recess.
- Students must speak strictly in English only in the school premises, school bus and even during any school functions conducted outside the school premises.
- Silence must be observed in the corridors and on the stairs during class hours. There should be NO TALKING at the change of periods.
- Silence must be observed outside the Principal's office.
- Running, playing or shouting inside the school building is never allowed.
- No student will be permitted to wear any other clothes expected the prescribed complete school uniform. This is to maintain standardization amongst all students.
Parents are requested to ensure that homework is done regularly by the students. By 'Homework' the school refers to the entire gamut of academic follow-up that takes place at home and not necessarily just written work. At the Primary School level, student's time out of school should be their own time in which they pursue their own interests, hobbies and play. Often students are tired from the intensive teaching they have had during the day. Therefore, the school does not set excessive homework. However, at the Primary level students are expected to submit their completed homework / worksheets on scheduled dates itself.