Attendance & Leaves
- All students are expected to attend on all school days and for the full day. Half day applications will not be entertained.
- Students must be present in the school after holidays / vacations on the reopening day of the school. They must also remain present in the school on the last working day of the school, preceding the holidays / vacations.
- No leave of absence is granted except on previous written application from parents or guardians and only for valid reasons.
- All students are expected to report 10 minutes before the scheduled school time. School gate shall close sharp at the scheduled time.
- Students reporting after the scheduled time will be rewarded with a late remark in the school diary. Three late remarks will lead to imposition of penalty and strict action against the student.
- A minimum of 75% of the total attendance of the academic session would be necessary to appear for the final examination and promotion. Shortage of attendance upto 15% may be condoned in case of genuine illness provided an authentic medical certificate is submitted.
- If a student fails to appear for any test, examination, practical, project work, he /she will be considered as failed in that test, examination, practical, project work. No retest / re exam will be conducted. If the absence is due to serious illness then an application for such leave supported with a medical report should be submitted to the Principal and an average of the student’s performance will be calculated.
- Parent should make a request for leave in advance and only when they are convinced of its absolute necessity, unless it is a case of injury to or illness of the student.
- If a student is absent owing to illness, the student must on return bring a note written by the parent or guardian. In case of longer illness, i.e. lasting more than one week the Principal should be informed and Medical Certificate should be attached.
- The school reserves the right to refuse permission for any trip if it demands excessive leave or if it occurs at an inappropriate time of the school year.
- During school hours no student is allowed to leave the classroom without the permission of the teacher or until the class is over. Written permission of the Principal or supervisor is required for the student to leave the premises during the school hours. A breach of these rules will be viewed seriously.
- Parents are requested not to ask their children to come back from school before the school gets over except in case of real necessity in which permission should be obtained previously in writing.
- It may be noted that children will not be sent home even in an emergency with anyone who might come to pick them up during school hours without a written request from the parent or guardian.
- Parents are requested to ensure that their children arrive to and leave school punctually. Any student who is late in attending school should bring with him/her a written application from his / her parent/ guardian for late attendance. Strict action will be taken against habitual late comers.
Best Attendance Awards
- School shall always motivate students to attend the school regularly and may acknowledge such students who achieve 100% attendance with a certificate, subject to other rules and regulations related to the same. If any student receives a written remark for incomplete uniform, late attendance, cleanliness or for poor conduct, then that student will not be considered for the best attendance award.
- However, the school disciplinary committee headed by the Principal reserves its right to declare or cancel or amend the rules and regulations for such awards and its decision will be final and binding on everyone. Parents are requested not to pressurize or interfere with the school disciplinary committee's decision in this regard.
- School gives first priority to its student's health than attendance. Hence, parents are requested not to force the students to attend school inspite of their ill-health for achieving 100% attendance. If a teacher finds any child not fit enough to attend the school, then the parents shall be informed to take the child back home and parents are requested to do so. Under such circumstances, such student will be marked absent and will not be considered for the best attendance award.